Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Famous Egg White Oats

So whether you like to our not eating breakfast is one of the most important things you can do for your health. Not only does it help you to get started on the right foot everyday but it jump starts your metabolism and takes your body out of a fasting state, so EAT EAT EAT your breakfast!

I'm not gonna lie the first time I ever heard about mixing egg whites and oats I thought "ummm gross those two things should not be mixed... I will eat them separately instead," well guess what I finally caved in and tried it! And let me tell you yummy yummy yummy in my tummy! Honestly the first thing I thought when I put a spoonful of it in my mouth was wow this tastes like french toast :)

So now for the recipe:

Egg White Oats:
1/3 C oats
2/3 C water
how ever many egg whites you want (at first i started with 4) then changed it to 2/3 C liquid egg whites
Cinnamon, Stevia, Vanilla (all to taste)
And whatever else you like to add- I have tried bananas, strawberries and blueberries all delicious!

Combine oats and water microwave for 1:30 min, while in microwave whisk egg whites. Then combine oats and egg whites and mix together, microwave for an additional 1:30- 2 min. Combine remaining ingredients and boom your done! Its a quick east filly and nutritious breakfast to keep you going till your next meal :)




Macronutrients for 2/3 Cup egg whites and 2/3 C strawberries:
211 Calories
1.1 G Fat
18.1 G Carbs
18.4 G Protein




Macronutrients for 2/3 C egg whites and 1/2 banana:
232 Calories
1 G Fat
21.8 G Carbs
18.3 G Protein

3 comments:

  1. hey pretty!! love your blog. I've never tried this -- def. will be trying this soon :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! Not gonna lie you starting one was a slight inspiration! Hope all is well!

      Delete
  2. Trying this in a few minutes. Starting this New Year off with a bang in regards to nutrition :)

    ReplyDelete